Taxi Athens airport to Delphi archaeological site - ArachovaTaxi from - to Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos 24 hours
Private Taxi transfer from Athens airport to archaeological site of Delphi
The archaeological site of Delphi is located in the Regional unit of Phocis, in Central Greece, east of the modern town of Delphi. The distance from Athens airport to Archaeological site of Delphi is about 180km and the drive to get there is about 2,5 hours.
The historic Site of Delphi, and the Archaeological Museum of Delphi is one of the 5 most popular historic destinations in Greece. It is a UNESCO World Heritage List Member , an Outstanding Universal Value. Visitors from all over the world come here to “the Center of the Ancient World”, the “naval of Earth” , to where the most famous oracle of all Ancient Greece, was located.
Visitors to the Archaeological site of Delphi need at least 3 hours to tour the site. Preferably at summer you may want to start your tour as early as you can. Opening Hours are from 8:30 am to 03:30 pm ( last admission at 03:10pm) and the ticket price to the archaeological site as well as the Museum is 12 euro. It is recommended to have sunscreen lotion, a hat, comfortable walking shoes, light summer clothes and plenty of water.
At the archaeological site of Delphi you will be most amazed to see
- Temple of Apollo, The god of music, harmony, light, healing, and oracles . Delphi was the center of the universe for Greeks, and the “omphalos” or “navel,” of the earth was located in this sacred temple
- Athenian Treasury, that was constructed by the Athenians to house dedications and offerings made by them to the sanctuary of Apollo
- The ancient theater of Delphi with a total capacity of 5,000 spectators, first constructed in the 4th century BC, buiilt of local limestone and reconstructed by the Romans, the 1st century AC.
- The Castalian Spring, where the oracle Pythia cleansed herself before the oracle-giving process.
- The Temple of Athena Pronaia It was named pronaia because of its location “before the Temple of Apollo”
- The Stadium of Delphi , the best preserved ancient stadium in Greece.
- The archaeological Museum of Delphi where statues like the famous Charioteer of Delphi, The kouroi of Delphi, the Sphinx of Naxos, among other figurines and artifacts are exhibited
Other things to do while in the area of Archaeological site of Delphi is
- to visit one of the many local tavernas in the modern town of Delphi or the nearby Arachova, where you will discover unique tasting Greek traditional dishes and excellent red or white wine
- to go shopping at one of the many local souvenir shops in Arachova to get unique and memorable gifts
- to visit Hosios Loukas a historic walled monastery situated near the town of Distomo that has been listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites
- To hike at ancient trails up in the Mount Parnassos to see the magnificent view of the valley below and pass by at the Corycian Cave, a sacred cave since the Neolithic era, named after the nymph Corycia.
- to visit small traditional picturesque villages and have a memorable experience from local traditional life in central Greece.
Private taxi transfers Arachova – Delphi – Athens Airport
Are you at the airport of Athens and want a taxi for immediate transfer to your destination?
Transfer from Athens airport to your destination immediately and safely?
Our taxis have a large luggage space to carry 2 large and 2 small suitcases,
Fully Airconditioned Taxi
Child Seat (on request)
- 1-51 Passengers
- Hotel Transfers
- Transfer to and from Airport
- Transfer to and from the Port
- Private Excursions
- Business travel
We have many vehicles available that can carry from 1 to 51 passengers. All our vehicles are Mercedes Benz.
In more detail, the vehicles we have are the following:
- 5 seater taxi that can carry 4 passengers
- 9-seater minivan that can carry 8 passengers
- 13-seater minibus that can carry 12 passengers
- 16-seater minibus that can carry 15 passengers
- 21-seater minibus that can carry 20 passengers
- 52-seater Buses that can carry 51 passengers
Greek Taxi transports you to and from the hotel of your stay immediately without delays. The driver will be waiting for you at the hotel entrance to assist you with your luggage.
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos ATH
- Alexandroupolis Democritus Airport AXD
- Zakynthos Airport Dionysios Solomos ZTH
- Thessaloniki International Airport Macedonia SKG
- Kavala Airport Alexander the Great KVA
- Kalamata Airport Captain Vas. Konstantakopoulos KLX
- Port of Agia Marina – Attica
- Port of Agios Konstantinos – Central Greece
- Port of Rafina – Attica
- Port of Alexandroupolis
- Port of Arkitsa – Fthiotida
- Port of Volos – Volos
- Port of Elefsina – Elefsina
- Port of Eretria – Evia
- Port of Ermioni – Argolis – Peloponnese
- Port of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki
- Port of Kavala – Kavala
- Port of Keramoti – Kavala
- Port of Karystos – Evia
- Port of Kymi – Evia
- Port of Lavrio – Attica
- Port of Loutra Edipsos – Evia
- Port of Nafplio – Peloponnese
- Port of Neapolis – Vatika, Laconia – Peloponnese
- Port of Paloukia Salamina – Attica
- Port of Piraeus – Attica
- Port of Perama – Attica
- Port of Poros – Attica
- Port of Salamis – Attica
- Port of Skala Oropou – Attica
- Port of Stylida – Central Greece
- Port of Chalkida – Evia
- Port of Aigio – Peloponnese
- Port of Astakos – Aetolia – Acarnania
- Port of Gythio – Peloponnese
- Port of Elafonisos – Peloponnese
- Port of Igoumenitsa – Epirus
- Port of Itea – Central Greece
- Port of Kalamata – Peloponnese
- Katakolo Port – Pyrgos Ilia
- Port of Kiato – Corinth – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyllini – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyparissia – Arkadia – Messinia
- Port of Lefkada – Lefkada
- Port of Messolonghi – Etoloakarnania
- Nafpaktos Port – Venetian Port – Etoloakarnania
- Port of Parga – Preveza – Epirus
- Port of Pylos – Messinia – Peloponnese
With Greek Taxi you have the opportunity to visit attractions all over Greece. We take you to the destination of your choice with luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We cover the whole of mainland Greece, all the Prefectures and regions.
One-day private tours and visits to attractions and points of interest. Combine some of the most important archeological sites in the world, UNESCO protected sites such as:
- Ancient Theater of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Tiryns
- Acropolis of Athens
- Acropolis Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Poseidon Sounio
- Archaeological Site of Delphi
- Plastira Lake
- Benaki Museum
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olympus
- Vikos gorge
- Diros Cave
Organize your private trip to all parts of Greece with Greek Taxi. We travel to all destinations in mainland Greece with luxury vehicles, the day and time you desire.
- Athens – Athens Center
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- Central Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- West Greece
- Central Greece
- Agioi Theodoroi
Are you planning to travel for business? Greek Taxi is by your side at all times to transport you relaxed, safely and comfortably to your destination. All our taxis have wifi connection so you can be online all the way. Dedicate yourself to your work and our driver will take you directly to your business appointment. We have a waiting service so you can be sure that the taxi will be waiting for you when you leave.