Private taxi transfer from Athens airport to Corinth - Corinth Canal – Ancient CorinthTaxi from - to Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos 24 hours
Korinthos – Corinth
Korinthos or Corinth is a successor of the ancient City of Corinth very well known for the important port of the city, the closest port to the Isthmus . Here at the Isthmus is the narrowest piece of land that divided the two seas, the Aegean and the Ionian. It connected the Peloponnese peninsula with mainland Greece.
Corinth is located at the Northeastern end of the peninsula of Peloponnese. Peloponnese though used to be a peninsula but now after the opening of the Corinth Canal, in the end of 19th century, it became an island.
Corinth is about 78 km (46 mi) from Athens. The 1 hour drive from Athens airport to Corinth will take you by the 6km long – manmade- Corinth Canal. At the Corinth Canal you will have a break for refreshments, a tasty souvlaki launch and amazing selfies from the 79meters high bridge that connects the Peloponnese peninsula to mainland Greece. Extreme sport lovers will find a paradise here. On the highest point of the canal, on the bridge, operates a Bungee Jumping location where you can actually have a lifetime thrilling experience. Well, the rest of us will take a beautiful picture of the extreme sports lover who jumps in the Canal ,and will enjoy the tasty souvlaki of isthmus.
Corinth is built in the eastern end of the Corinthian Gulf at the Northeastern Peloponnese. Ancient Corinth is nearby and the area is inhibited from 6500 BC ever since. It was mentioned in Homers Iliad as it fought among other cities in the Trojan on the side of Mycenaeans, under the leadership of Agamemnon.
Taxi Transfer – Athens Corith – Korinthos Athens Airport
In the classical era, the city took part in the Peloponnesian War against Athens in cooperation with Sparta. Later, it fought Sparta, in the Corinthian War, supporting the Athenians.
Corinth throughout history was a very wealthy town mainly because of its two important ports, Lechion at the Corinthian Gulf and Kechries at the Saronic Gulf. Through the location of these ports the Corinthians controlled the trading routes between East and West. In 400 B.C., it is estimated that Corinth had a population of around 90,000 people.
Apostle Paul visited Corinth in 49 or 50 AC and his later Letters to Corinthians are included in the New Testament. Today Corinth is a major industrial hub at a national level. The Corinth Refinery is one of the largest oil refining industrial complexes in Europe. Ceramic tiles, copper cables, gypsum, leather, marble, meat products, medical equipment, mineral water and beverages, petroleum products, and salt are produced nearby.
Are you at the airport of Athens and want a taxi for immediate transfer to your destination?
Transfer from Athens airport to your destination immediately and safely?
Our taxis have a large luggage space to carry 2 large and 2 small suitcases,
Fully Airconditioned Taxi
Child Seat (on request)
- 1-51 Passengers
- Hotel Transfers
- Transfer to and from Airport
- Transfer to and from the Port
- Private Excursions
- Business travel
We have many vehicles available that can carry from 1 to 51 passengers. All our vehicles are Mercedes Benz.
In more detail, the vehicles we have are the following:
- 5 seater taxi that can carry 4 passengers
- 9-seater minivan that can carry 8 passengers
- 13-seater minibus that can carry 12 passengers
- 16-seater minibus that can carry 15 passengers
- 21-seater minibus that can carry 20 passengers
- 52-seater Buses that can carry 51 passengers
Greek Taxi transports you to and from the hotel of your stay immediately without delays. The driver will be waiting for you at the hotel entrance to assist you with your luggage.
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos ATH
- Alexandroupolis Democritus Airport AXD
- Zakynthos Airport Dionysios Solomos ZTH
- Thessaloniki International Airport Macedonia SKG
- Kavala Airport Alexander the Great KVA
- Kalamata Airport Captain Vas. Konstantakopoulos KLX
- Port of Agia Marina – Attica
- Port of Agios Konstantinos – Central Greece
- Port of Rafina – Attica
- Port of Alexandroupolis
- Port of Arkitsa – Fthiotida
- Port of Volos – Volos
- Port of Elefsina – Elefsina
- Port of Eretria – Evia
- Port of Ermioni – Argolis – Peloponnese
- Port of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki
- Port of Kavala – Kavala
- Port of Keramoti – Kavala
- Port of Karystos – Evia
- Port of Kymi – Evia
- Port of Lavrio – Attica
- Port of Loutra Edipsos – Evia
- Port of Nafplio – Peloponnese
- Port of Neapolis – Vatika, Laconia – Peloponnese
- Port of Paloukia Salamina – Attica
- Port of Piraeus – Attica
- Port of Perama – Attica
- Port of Poros – Attica
- Port of Salamis – Attica
- Port of Skala Oropou – Attica
- Port of Stylida – Central Greece
- Port of Chalkida – Evia
- Port of Aigio – Peloponnese
- Port of Astakos – Aetolia – Acarnania
- Port of Gythio – Peloponnese
- Port of Elafonisos – Peloponnese
- Port of Igoumenitsa – Epirus
- Port of Itea – Central Greece
- Port of Kalamata – Peloponnese
- Katakolo Port – Pyrgos Ilia
- Port of Kiato – Corinth – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyllini – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyparissia – Arkadia – Messinia
- Port of Lefkada – Lefkada
- Port of Messolonghi – Etoloakarnania
- Nafpaktos Port – Venetian Port – Etoloakarnania
- Port of Parga – Preveza – Epirus
- Port of Pylos – Messinia – Peloponnese
With Greek Taxi you have the opportunity to visit attractions all over Greece. We take you to the destination of your choice with luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We cover the whole of mainland Greece, all the Prefectures and regions.
One-day private tours and visits to attractions and points of interest. Combine some of the most important archeological sites in the world, UNESCO protected sites such as:
- Ancient Theater of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Tiryns
- Acropolis of Athens
- Acropolis Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Poseidon Sounio
- Archaeological Site of Delphi
- Plastira Lake
- Benaki Museum
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olympus
- Vikos gorge
- Diros Cave
Organize your private trip to all parts of Greece with Greek Taxi. We travel to all destinations in mainland Greece with luxury vehicles, the day and time you desire.
- Athens – Athens Center
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- Central Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- West Greece
- Central Greece
- Agioi Theodoroi
Are you planning to travel for business? Greek Taxi is by your side at all times to transport you relaxed, safely and comfortably to your destination. All our taxis have wifi connection so you can be online all the way. Dedicate yourself to your work and our driver will take you directly to your business appointment. We have a waiting service so you can be sure that the taxi will be waiting for you when you leave.