Taxi Athens Airport Meteora Kalambaka ThessalyTaxi from - to Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos 24 hours
Private Taxi transfer from Athens airport to Meteora Kalambaka Thessaly
Meteora is a one of two most popular religious destinations among with mount Athos, in Greece. Meteora is located in Thessaly, central Greece near the town of Kalabaka . The distance from Athens Airport is about 360 km and the drive to get there is about 4hours and 30 minutes.
Meteora means “suspended in the air”. Derived from the ancient Greek word metéōros, meaning “raised from the ground, hanging, lofty,” Meteora gets its name from the monasteries that are built on the top of gigantic rocks.
Meteora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, since 1989.
Visitors to Meteora need at least 2 days to see the monasteries
There is a 2 euro fee to enter each of the monasteries and proper dressing is required. Women must wear skirts below the knees though in some monasteries these are provided. Men’s arms must be covered and they must wear long pants. It is recommended to have sunscreen lotion, a hat, comfortable walking shoes, light summer clothes according to the dressing code above and plenty of water.
Taxi Athens Kalambaka Meteora privte transfers
Many tourists from all over the world are coming to Meteora to see:
- The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron , the biggest and oldest one of all. It was founded in the 14th century by a monk named Saint Athanasios the Meteorite. The monastery is open from 9 to 1 and from 3 to 6. It is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Holy Monastery of Varlaam, the second biggest monastery of Meteora. It was founded in the mid-14th century by a monk named Varlaam. The monastery is open from 9am to 1pm and then from 3:30 to 6pm. It is closed on Fridays.
- The Holy Monastery of Roussanou, was first established in the 14th century. It received the name probably from the first monk who settled on the rock during that period. The monastery is open from 9am to 1pm and then from 3:30 to 6pm. It is closed on Wednesdays.
- The Holy Monastery of Agios Stephanos was founded by Hosios Antonios, in the first half of the 15th century, The monastery is open from 9 to 1pm and 3 to 5 pm every day.
- The Holy Trinity Monastery (Agia Triada) at Meteora, it’s the most difficult to reach. You may have seen the monastery of Holy Trinity at the James Bond movie ‘For your eyes only’. The monastery is open from 9am to 1pm every day except Thursday.
- The Holy Monastery of Saint Nicholas of Anapafsas , is the first monastery we see when we reach Meteora and was founded at the end of the 14th century. This monastery is open every day from 9am to 6 pm.
Are you at the airport of Athens and want a taxi for immediate transfer to your destination?
Transfer from Athens airport to your destination immediately and safely?
Our taxis have a large luggage space to carry 2 large and 2 small suitcases,
Fully Airconditioned Taxi
Child Seat (on request)
- 1-51 Passengers
- Hotel Transfers
- Transfer to and from Airport
- Transfer to and from the Port
- Private Excursions
- Business travel
We have many vehicles available that can carry from 1 to 51 passengers. All our vehicles are Mercedes Benz.
In more detail, the vehicles we have are the following:
- 5 seater taxi that can carry 4 passengers
- 9-seater minivan that can carry 8 passengers
- 13-seater minibus that can carry 12 passengers
- 16-seater minibus that can carry 15 passengers
- 21-seater minibus that can carry 20 passengers
- 52-seater Buses that can carry 51 passengers
Greek Taxi transports you to and from the hotel of your stay immediately without delays. The driver will be waiting for you at the hotel entrance to assist you with your luggage.
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos ATH
- Alexandroupolis Democritus Airport AXD
- Zakynthos Airport Dionysios Solomos ZTH
- Thessaloniki International Airport Macedonia SKG
- Kavala Airport Alexander the Great KVA
- Kalamata Airport Captain Vas. Konstantakopoulos KLX
- Port of Agia Marina – Attica
- Port of Agios Konstantinos – Central Greece
- Port of Rafina – Attica
- Port of Alexandroupolis
- Port of Arkitsa – Fthiotida
- Port of Volos – Volos
- Port of Elefsina – Elefsina
- Port of Eretria – Evia
- Port of Ermioni – Argolis – Peloponnese
- Port of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki
- Port of Kavala – Kavala
- Port of Keramoti – Kavala
- Port of Karystos – Evia
- Port of Kymi – Evia
- Port of Lavrio – Attica
- Port of Loutra Edipsos – Evia
- Port of Nafplio – Peloponnese
- Port of Neapolis – Vatika, Laconia – Peloponnese
- Port of Paloukia Salamina – Attica
- Port of Piraeus – Attica
- Port of Perama – Attica
- Port of Poros – Attica
- Port of Salamis – Attica
- Port of Skala Oropou – Attica
- Port of Stylida – Central Greece
- Port of Chalkida – Evia
- Port of Aigio – Peloponnese
- Port of Astakos – Aetolia – Acarnania
- Port of Gythio – Peloponnese
- Port of Elafonisos – Peloponnese
- Port of Igoumenitsa – Epirus
- Port of Itea – Central Greece
- Port of Kalamata – Peloponnese
- Katakolo Port – Pyrgos Ilia
- Port of Kiato – Corinth – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyllini – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyparissia – Arkadia – Messinia
- Port of Lefkada – Lefkada
- Port of Messolonghi – Etoloakarnania
- Nafpaktos Port – Venetian Port – Etoloakarnania
- Port of Parga – Preveza – Epirus
- Port of Pylos – Messinia – Peloponnese
With Greek Taxi you have the opportunity to visit attractions all over Greece. We take you to the destination of your choice with luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We cover the whole of mainland Greece, all the Prefectures and regions.
One-day private tours and visits to attractions and points of interest. Combine some of the most important archeological sites in the world, UNESCO protected sites such as:
- Ancient Theater of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Tiryns
- Acropolis of Athens
- Acropolis Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Poseidon Sounio
- Archaeological Site of Delphi
- Plastira Lake
- Benaki Museum
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olympus
- Vikos gorge
- Diros Cave
Organize your private trip to all parts of Greece with Greek Taxi. We travel to all destinations in mainland Greece with luxury vehicles, the day and time you desire.
- Athens – Athens Center
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- Central Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- West Greece
- Central Greece
- Agioi Theodoroi
Are you planning to travel for business? Greek Taxi is by your side at all times to transport you relaxed, safely and comfortably to your destination. All our taxis have wifi connection so you can be online all the way. Dedicate yourself to your work and our driver will take you directly to your business appointment. We have a waiting service so you can be sure that the taxi will be waiting for you when you leave.