Taxi Athens Airport Epidaurus Private transport to the Ancient theater of EpidaurusTaxi from - to Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos 24 hours
Private taxi transport from Athens Airport to the Ancient theater of Epidaurus
The Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus is an ancient theatre in the city of Epidaurus, near Lygourio, in Argolis, Peloponnese. The distance from Athens Airport is about 140 km and it will take a 2 hours drive to get to to Ancient Epidaurus.
The Theatre of Epidaurus was built in the 4th century BC by Polykleitos , on the side of mountain Cynortion, near the sanctuary of Asclepius, the god of Healing. It is the most well preserved ancient theater, famous for its acoustics. Pausanias, when he visited here, was amazed by its symmetry and beauty. The capacity of the Theater is 15.000 people. It is a classical theater of its time with an orchestra, a circular stage and 34 rows of seats.
Taxi transportation Epidaurus
People from all over ancient Greece would come to the sanctuary of Asclepius, seeking healing for mental and physical illness. The Drama, the Comedy and the singing plays was part of the healing process according to Pausanias.
The first modern theatrical play was Electra by Sofocles, starring Katina Paxinou, in 1938. Many world famous Greek and foreign actors have played in Epidaurus, such as the most famous Greek soprano Maria Kallas, in 1960 and 1961.
The site of the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus remains open year-round, from 8: oo am to 17:00 in the winter, and 8:00 to 20:30 from May to August. The ticket price for admission to the Theatre of Epidaurus as well as the Museum and the Sanctuary is 12 euros per person.
Today , the Archaeological site of Epidaurus is a Unesco, World Heritage List member and one of the 5 most popular historical destinations in Greece.
Visitors are coming to Epidaurus for many reasons such as
- Visit the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the main holy site of the God of healing, at the ancient Greek times , equal to the sanctuary of Zeus in Olympia, and Apollo in Delphi.
- Visit the Ancient Theatre to watch live theatrical performances in the Summer, or year-round to be amazed by its beauty and unique acoustics
- Visit the Archaeological Museum of Epidaurus, located nearby the Ancient Theatre, where Bronze medical instruments, used by the ancient doctors of the sanctuary, are displayed among other artifacts, a statue of Asclepius and parts of the Propylaia of the Temple , that found in the recent excavations.
- Visit the Little theater of Epidaurus, at nearby town of Epidaurus, discovered in 1970 under a field of olive trees. It was built around 4 century BC and it was used by the people of the local city state for theatrical plays, religious and political celebrations. Its capacity was 2000 people in 9 rows of seats.
- Visit the Town of Epidaurus, a popular weekend destination for many Athenians as well as the visitors to the Ancient Theater. Especially, the tavernas of the town are a late night -after the theater performances- popular, local attraction
- Enjoy summer holidays in the relaxed and family-oriented atmosphere of the surrounding area and the crystal clear blue waters of the Saronic Gulf. At the amazing Beaches around the area you can go kayaking over the sunken city, paddle boarding, wind surfing, water ski, sailing and snorkeling and other activities for them to enjoy a full day under the sun. If you prefer to be more adventurous you can rent any type of boat to explore hidden beaches around the Saronic
- To use Epidaurus as a starting point to explore popular destinations just within an hour drive away nearby, such as: Ancient Mycenae, Tiryns, Nafplio, the cosmopolitan islands of Ydra and Spetses, the” Greek Riviera” in Portoheli , Ermioni and many more ancient and modern hotspots
Vip transer services Taxi Minivan Minibus Epidaurus Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos
Are you at the airport of Athens and want a taxi for immediate transfer to your destination?
Transfer from Athens airport to your destination immediately and safely?
Our taxis have a large luggage space to carry 2 large and 2 small suitcases,
Fully Airconditioned Taxi
Child Seat (on request)
- 1-51 Passengers
- Hotel Transfers
- Transfer to and from Airport
- Transfer to and from the Port
- Private Excursions
- Business travel
We have many vehicles available that can carry from 1 to 51 passengers. All our vehicles are Mercedes Benz.
In more detail, the vehicles we have are the following:
- 5 seater taxi that can carry 4 passengers
- 9-seater minivan that can carry 8 passengers
- 13-seater minibus that can carry 12 passengers
- 16-seater minibus that can carry 15 passengers
- 21-seater minibus that can carry 20 passengers
- 52-seater Buses that can carry 51 passengers
Greek Taxi transports you to and from the hotel of your stay immediately without delays. The driver will be waiting for you at the hotel entrance to assist you with your luggage.
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos ATH
- Alexandroupolis Democritus Airport AXD
- Zakynthos Airport Dionysios Solomos ZTH
- Thessaloniki International Airport Macedonia SKG
- Kavala Airport Alexander the Great KVA
- Kalamata Airport Captain Vas. Konstantakopoulos KLX
- Port of Agia Marina – Attica
- Port of Agios Konstantinos – Central Greece
- Port of Rafina – Attica
- Port of Alexandroupolis
- Port of Arkitsa – Fthiotida
- Port of Volos – Volos
- Port of Elefsina – Elefsina
- Port of Eretria – Evia
- Port of Ermioni – Argolis – Peloponnese
- Port of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki
- Port of Kavala – Kavala
- Port of Keramoti – Kavala
- Port of Karystos – Evia
- Port of Kymi – Evia
- Port of Lavrio – Attica
- Port of Loutra Edipsos – Evia
- Port of Nafplio – Peloponnese
- Port of Neapolis – Vatika, Laconia – Peloponnese
- Port of Paloukia Salamina – Attica
- Port of Piraeus – Attica
- Port of Perama – Attica
- Port of Poros – Attica
- Port of Salamis – Attica
- Port of Skala Oropou – Attica
- Port of Stylida – Central Greece
- Port of Chalkida – Evia
- Port of Aigio – Peloponnese
- Port of Astakos – Aetolia – Acarnania
- Port of Gythio – Peloponnese
- Port of Elafonisos – Peloponnese
- Port of Igoumenitsa – Epirus
- Port of Itea – Central Greece
- Port of Kalamata – Peloponnese
- Katakolo Port – Pyrgos Ilia
- Port of Kiato – Corinth – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyllini – Peloponnese
- Port of Kyparissia – Arkadia – Messinia
- Port of Lefkada – Lefkada
- Port of Messolonghi – Etoloakarnania
- Nafpaktos Port – Venetian Port – Etoloakarnania
- Port of Parga – Preveza – Epirus
- Port of Pylos – Messinia – Peloponnese
With Greek Taxi you have the opportunity to visit attractions all over Greece. We take you to the destination of your choice with luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We cover the whole of mainland Greece, all the Prefectures and regions.
One-day private tours and visits to attractions and points of interest. Combine some of the most important archeological sites in the world, UNESCO protected sites such as:
- Ancient Theater of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Tiryns
- Acropolis of Athens
- Acropolis Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Temple of Poseidon Sounio
- Archaeological Site of Delphi
- Plastira Lake
- Benaki Museum
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olympus
- Vikos gorge
- Diros Cave
Organize your private trip to all parts of Greece with Greek Taxi. We travel to all destinations in mainland Greece with luxury vehicles, the day and time you desire.
- Athens – Athens Center
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- Central Macedonia
- West Macedonia
- West Greece
- Central Greece
- Agioi Theodoroi
Are you planning to travel for business? Greek Taxi is by your side at all times to transport you relaxed, safely and comfortably to your destination. All our taxis have wifi connection so you can be online all the way. Dedicate yourself to your work and our driver will take you directly to your business appointment. We have a waiting service so you can be sure that the taxi will be waiting for you when you leave.